Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I am so ashamed because I had completely forgotten

that some anonymous commenters had some negative things to say and I had to set my comments so that I could decide which ones to publish and had forgotten that I had done this a while ago.  Please accept my apology and continue to follow and comment. I will make it my business to check every morning when I turn on the computer to seen if there are comments.  It is a shame when some people don't know how to respect other peoples ideas, decisions and whatever.  I always try to have something good to say when I comment and when I don't have anything good that I can say, I say nothing.  By all means I am not saying that if I leave no comment it's because I am thinking something bad, it's just that sometimes I'm too busy or don't have anything to say. 
Focus Fabric
I've ventured into designing some of my own fabrics using http://www.spoonflowers.com/ and have been impressed with what I can do.  Here is the first piece that I had printed as a swatch and am deciding whether I'm going to want to start selling on their site or not. 
Please comment on this first piece that I have printed.  Do you think it would sell?
I'd like to give a shout out to Kweli who encouraged me in this area.  THANKS KWELI.
You can also find her beautiful fabrics at this same site. Using their search just type in Kweli.
Companion Print

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you! Hadn't seen any posts in a while - I'm sorry someone left you negative comments - how rude! Share, support, encourage, laugh together . . .ya know? Otherwise, move on and good riddins'. I love your fabric. Rich and vibrant. I'm gonna check the website out, I haven't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading Kweli's blog shortly before popping here and now I see you're getting the Spoonflower bug :D
    I know the fabric quality is superb but I've yet to take the leap...the cost always makes me pause, but the idea of having fabric that now one else has is soooo appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Carol. I'm totally unqualified to make a judgement about if your fabric will sell or not, but it sure is neat...Guess you won't know until you try. And thanks for stopping by my blog. For the mosaics, I find clay and terra cotta pots are best for me, but I'll try just about anything to recycle it! I'll do a post on the technique side of mosaics in a week or two. Happy stitching!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol. Thanks for coming over to my blog and looking at the show. Glad you like it. I'm guilty of neglecting both my own blog and others', and am so happy to see your lovely shimmying lady for Spoonflower! I never know what will sell either, but I know that Therese May was getting a lot of her designs printed on that site, or some, anyhow. Don't know if she was selling the yardage or just using her stuff for her own work, and for clothing she makes for herself.

    I will try to get around to blogs more now! Sorry someone said rotten stuff. I had spammers on my blog about a year ago and had to dig into how to get Blogger to protect me from that. ugh.

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, these are a couple of my favourite colours! Great to see you posting, your work is always an inspiration! Blessings to you, and thank you for your comment about my mum. Keeping you and your husband in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete