Saturday, December 17, 2011

Have you ever felt alone

because people don't understand you or they just do not value the fact that you have an absolute right to your opinion regardless of how they view things?  I know that is a long sentence, but I had to get that all out in one breath.  I can breathe now. 
I've always had my own opinion about a lot of things and find that because I do people misunderstand me or do not even wish to have me breathe my thoughts if they are different from the way they think.  I'm at a loss for what to say to most people these days.  But, one thing for sure,I will always voice my opinion and let the chips fall where they may.  It seems as though there's a controversy as to whether it's TOMATO OR TOMOTO with some people and if you have any opinion that differs from theirs they are offended and do not wish to continue the conversation. 
I think sometimes people should step back and evaluate themselves instead of always thinking the other person has a problem.  Especially when they are always having some kind of relationship problem.  If you enteract with a person on a regular basis and it seems that you are always causing the problem because you voice your opinion that is different from theirs I'd have to say that the problem is not with you, but with the receiver.  If I can receive your opinions and explain why I see it differently then we should be able to move on and still keep the love in the relationship.  What happened to freedom of speech?  Do I have to change to fit into your circle?

3 comments:

  1. And for this very reason, some people go through friends like they go through underwear. Narrow-mindedness is seldom ever attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, I knew you would understand if no one else did. You're such a wise person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and amen! :) Lovin' your zentangles - I've been looking for a class in my area.

    ReplyDelete