Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making Quilts for wheelchair bound


 
veterans has been another dream of mine that I'm finally going forth with.  Today has been the day of sorting and auditioning fabrics for this endeavor.  I have collected patriotic fabrics for some time now and am now cutting and sewing the pieces together to make the wheelchair sized quilts to be donated to the local Veterans Hospital. I'm not only auditioning patriotic fabrics but hoping to clean out my stash of fabrics I no longer enjoy making into quilts since I have fallen in love with art quilts as my specialty.



Isn't He Adorable

By the way, the other day I had an uninvited guest in my backyard.  The fence on the west side of my house is five feet tall and the east side has a six foot fence.  The north side has a double five foot brick block wall.  I'm still trying to figure out how the poor fellow got into my yard.  He could not find his way out.  He attempted to jump the fence and the wall, but was unable to get himself across.  He was a beautiful bull dog and became agitated when approached.  I had to call animal control who apprehended him and took him away.  He appeared to have been in a fight and his ribs were showing.  I felt really sorry for him.  I asked the officer if they were going to put him to sleep.  The look on her face led me to believe that they may just do that.  I was saddened to think that might happen to him , and I felt a little guilty that I had to have them come and remove him.  But he was aggressive and I could not go into the yard.  I did manage to get some pictures of him.  I thought he might could have been a lovely pet to some family.
I'm including a picture of my visitor and some of the fabrics I pulled from my stash.

Happy Quilting



1 comment:

  1. I hope is wasn't a victim of dog fighting.

    And what a fantastic thing to do for the Veterans at the hospital. Its been a long while since I have been in our local VA hosp. but it was a thoroughly depressing atmosphere. Your quilts will be a nice warm touch. Yarmuth, our congressman recently secured a substantial pot of money for rehab of the VA hospital here.

    ReplyDelete