Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm building my first website

and I have been amazed at how not so hard it is.  You notice I did not say "how easy it is".  Well, that is because it was not too easy for me who am quite behind in doing most things others have already done or attempted.
During the course of getting the site up and running I was furiously getting my catalog done at the same time. I had to find all of the quilts that I wanted to post and the ones that were strewn here and there.  I don't mean they were scattered around the house, but I had to find out which bin or box each was in.  It was wonderful, because I found some pieces that I had forgotten all about to an extent.  You know what I mean, you know what you have, but it leaves your mind for a moment and if it turned up totally missing you would know it was gone  So now all the quilts that are finished are all lined up in order with my catalog list and easy to be found.  I now have to make labels for a few, and I'm still working on several to finish.
I guess my sewing machine is wondering what the heck is going on.  I have not sewn one stitch in a few weeks, and to day is the day I plan to let it rip.
Here's one of the quilts posted on the website.  It's one of my small works.  It is hand painted on muslin with luminere paint and machine embroidered, machine pieced and machine quilted.
I have posted a link to my website on this blog, so go by and take a look and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. go on Ms Jones daring a website! I'vew attempted 2 or 3 but have never finished 1.

    As far as the website goes, I'll suggest making the images larger and more uniform in size or it could be how this monitor is handling the site...and is there a reason you didn't date the the pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love Psalms 8 and All Praises to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the larger images on Abstract I and Women of the Bible quilts...if you keep the images in other galleries small, then make it so that a visitor can enlarge the image by clicking on it.

    And I read the About Me page and want to see my best wishes for strength and courage in all that you have done and continue to do. :)

    ReplyDelete