Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Crow Series is done

and here's the picture of two of them.  There are six small quilts depicting my neighborhood crows.  They come out front from time to time looking for food and I just had to take pictures of them.  I used one picture for all six quilts.  I changed the background, borders and did all kinds of things to them to make each quilt different.  I hand painted one crow and appliqued the other.  I even attempted to do some hand writing on the one I copied onto fabric from the printer.  As I worked on them I was contemplating a name for them and the Scripture in Matt. 6:26 came to mind which I put on each quilt.  It reads "Behold the fowls of the air for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns: yet your heavenly father feedeth them.  Are ye  not better than  they?
How did I do?

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Carol! I saw your note to JY on FB about your Crow Series and couldn't wait to see what you were up to...and I love the way you've went back into the same design and changed it up! I am trying to determine if I like one over the other but I can't decide..they are equally good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen for stopping by. I almost forgot that you was a crow person also.
    In reference to the comment you made on the Gee's Bend Quilts, the answer is no they are not hanging in my home at this time. I'm still trying to finish 4 more. I wish I could have them all in one frame to display. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carol, I happened upon your blog from another quilter's list of followers and joined your roadies. I am glad I did. What you've done with the crow series is quite fascinating and sort of gives me permission to try different things. I am a crow person too, but my favorite bird is the red male cardinal even though I find the female fascinating with her subdued colors. I think all your crows are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete