Monday, September 13, 2010

The Crow Series Continued

I finally had time to photograph the final four quilts in this series.  I used a little zen doodling in the one with the black and white border.  I also did this one using a technique found in the book "Stitch Alchemy" which uses card stock and fabric.  It was an interesting technique.  The only thing that bothered me was having to wait for the glue and paint to dry in between each application.  The one with the light green border was done in a similar technique using paper.  The bottom right quilt is all fabric that has been printed on to fabric from the computer and hand painted to enhance the bird and leaves and berrries.  All are machine quilted.  There is a little hand stitching in the upper left quilt.  They all have the same scripture as the first two I presented.

5 comments:

  1. Love these pieces. Thanks for sharing. Sorry. My mind was on sparrows for some reason. Love your mix of commercial and hand dyes/or more solid looking fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it. i am going to have to try to do that, pick a topic or subject and make it four different way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. carol, i am just letting you know you, juanita and myself are mention is kyra hicks new book. she has a list of blogger and we are listed in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very hard to select a favorite so I'm going to stop trying. But I like the idea of taking the same image and trying a variety of techniques.

    ReplyDelete