Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lazy Blogger Watching Butterflies, and flowers

I've been busy watching and photographing a little nature that is dear to my heart.  I have also been building, gardening, cleaning , rearranging and lazy when it came time to post on my blog.  The days  here have been wonderful for working out of doors or indoors.  Just the right climate for almost any thing.
  The monarch butterflies have found glory in my flowers and in the orange and lemon trees that are blossoming at this time.  We haven't been able to collect all of the crop from last year and really needing to do it so the new  fruit can develop and become hardy.  The hibiscus bush in the front has been blooming all the winter.  Sometimes the flowers span 4 to 5 inches.
  I'm still working on my studio.  I've made a lot of progress bringing all the fabrics in and all of my suupplies are almost out of the closets.  Now where all these things are going is another dilema for me.  I have put in 3 storage space cabinets (just small ones) and I still do not have everything put away.  I wanted a sewing table that would allow my sewing machine to be flush with it, but refused to pay a grand or more for one. I'm
one stingy woman, but my husband says I'm just  frugal.  I am now known as" Carol the builder".  I've built my three work tables with design space included and my latest creation is my new sewing table.  I took a desk and a foldup sewing machine table and built my table around it.  Today I added the stain, and tomorrow I will polyurethane the first coat.  I cant' wait because I do not have another table to sew on.  This has taken me all of almost two weeks.  I had no professional plans.  I lay in bed and figure out how to build just what I want the way I want it.  Will post the pictures of  both my  new raised flower bed that I built and the new sewing table in a couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. Butterflies and flowers, two of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete