Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Building is Over ( for now)


Here's the finished sewing machine table.  It's been sanded stained, and the polyurethane has had its 24 hrs. and more to dry.  Since I had gardening to do also there was an unwanted delay in getting to try out my new" ROLLS ROYCE" sewing table.  However, I enjoyed my gardening and forgot all about sewing once I engaged in filling my new rasised garden bed with soil so I can plant a few vegetables, and adding some extra plants to existing pots.
The raised bed was made with cedar fencing and stakes, chicken wire for the bottom so the gophers cannot get to my "STUFF".   Well, you know where I'll  be for the next few weeks, yeah, in the backyard, or at my new sewing center.   I now realize that my eyes don't like to sew that much at night, so I'm planning to clean house and do all the meager chores at night, so I can have all of this new daylight savings time put to good use at my sewing machine.
I picked up a basket of drunkards path blocks and am finishing them after a few years.   I only have about ten more blocks to sew in the curved piece.  HOORAH!   I hope to get better on keeping up with all my projects from now on.  I do have another piece of wood to build another table in the near future and a shelf in the garage.  I'm having so much fun improving my new studio.  Happy sewing to all my friends out there.
Let's put the pedal to the metal.

1 comment: