Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting Back In The Groove

This is just another UFO that I'm hopefully going to complete. I sold the first one I made and decided to make another with a few variations since I don't like making the same thing twice unless commissioned to do so.
Taken from "Streams in the Desert" daily devotions.
J.R. Miller says "if you seem to be living in deep darkness because God is working in strange and mysterious ways, do not be afraid. Simply go forward in faith and in love, never doubting Him. He is watching and will bring goodness and beauty from all of your pain and tears".
The shuttles of His purpose move
To carry out His own design;
Seek not too soon to disapprove
His work, nor yet assign
Dark motives, when, with silent tread,
You view some somber fold;
For lo, within each darker thread
There twines a thread of gold.
Spin (sew) cheerfully,
Not tearfully,
He knows the way you plod;
Spin (sew) carefully,
Spin (sew) prayerfully,
But leave the thread with God.
taken from the "Canadian Home Journal"
I leave this message with you on today in hopes that your faith may be increased as mine have since July when I had the water damage start a seemingly never ending cycle of things going wrong. I can say that God has built more faith and trust in me for Him.
The battle I was having with Home Depot ended on yesterday. They called and are refunding me every penny I spent on the flooring for my studio. When this issue came up about the different dye lots in my flooring all the fight in me had seemed to be deminished at that time, and I decided that I was really tired and that I must give the outcome over to God, and I did, and once again He came through.
Here's hoping you may find encouragement in the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment