Sunday, August 30, 2009

AM I DREAMING?

Unfinished Scrap Quilts

On yesterday I worked on some hand embroidery on a long forgotten piece. I'm trying to play catchup since losing so much time setting appointments, waiting for contractors, picking out flooring, mouldings, paint, etc.
I'm so BEHIND it's discouraging. I've decided within myself that due to the unusual heat here in San Diego last week, I may have some kind of lame excuse.
Well, forget the excuses. I'm going on from where I am today"BEHIND", and continue to perservere and work on completing one UFO a day as planned.
I realized one thing while pondering where I am, where I'm going, and where I want to be, and that is that I must complete something while also working on some or one of the others, otherwise I will never complete anything.
AM I DREAMING?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, at least you haven't lost your groove in all the renovations (how is going btw?). I can't seem to pick up anything and get my mind and hands in sync to do anything. Its been unseasonably cool (temps in the 70s/low80s) and I think tomorrow I'm going to get out at the park or something to relax and maybe I can get going too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I love the piece you've shown here...what is the size of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrap quilt is huge. It will cover the top of a queen size bed. Bed quilts are not my thing, however I wanted to use some of the leftover African prints that I had. I sit and sew all the small pieces then cut into squares and add the black scraps also. This is what I do when I want to sew and not really have to think very much. I call this "busy work".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is going to be BEAUTIFUL when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrap quilt is gorgeous!! I can't wait to see photos of the finished work of art.
    Happy Quilting,
    Heather
    =)

    ReplyDelete